FUN & RELAXED ATMOSPHERE
Faust Orthodontics is committed to delivering excellent orthodontic treatment to each and every patient. We are equally devoted to providing a friendly, caring and fun atmosphere that will ensure our patients feel relaxed and confident about placing their orthodontic care in our hands. We aim to not only improve the aesthetics of one’s smile, but also to enhance the function and overall health of the mouth. We dedicate our time, talents, and energy to these objectives.
You are always greeted with a smile at Faust Orthodontics. From our laptop check-in & free Wi-Fi access to our iPad & puzzle corner, we strive to create a relaxing and fun atmosphere. We offer a flat screen for viewing in the waiting room unless, that is, Duke or Michigan are playing, in which case Dr Faust just might have the game on.
WHAT SETS US APART
- We are impression free! With our high tech digital scanner, we no longer need to take those icky and gooey impressions. All appliances and retainers are made from 3D printed models which ensures their accuracy.
- Our patient’s get TWO sets of retainers at the end of treatment. One set is the traditional metal retainers and the other is an invisible plastic retainer similar to an Invisalign or bleaching tray. Now you have a cosmetic option for during the day and you have a backup retainer in case one set is lost. This minimizes the chance of relapse during the time it would normally take to get a replacement retainer
- Our Wooden Nickel Reward Program helps motivate kids (and even adults) to take care of their braces and keep their teeth clean. You even get a safety deposit box in our cool bank vault!
- For our patients at Haverford Middle School, we will send staff to pick up your child and walk them to and from their appointments. No more missing work to take your kid to a doctor’s appointment! Click here to download a permission slip.
- Dr Faust gives every patient his cell phone number and encourages people to reach out directly to him with any questions or concerns.
- For our Invisalign patients we offer 5 years of unlimited aligners from the time you start. If anything should relapse within that time we will make you additional Invisalign aligners at no charge
These are just some of the things that help make Faust Orthodontics the premier orthodontic office in the Havertown area. We look forward to working with you to help you LIVE LIFE SMILING!
Dr. SHAWN FAUST
Dr. Shawn Faust
Dr. Shawn Faust grew up in Michigan and did his undergraduate work at Duke University.
There he earned his Bachelor’s degree as a double major in Biology and Economics with a minor in Chemistry. He received his dental degree from the prestigious University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
Dr. Faust’s final training was completed at the Orthodontics Specialty Program at Temple University in 2004. There he earned a Certificate in Orthodontics, and completed his Master’s Thesis, earning him an MS degree in Oral Biology.
Dr. Faust actively enrolls in continuing education courses to ensure he is up to date with the latest orthodontic advancements.
Orthodontics runs in his family, as his father is a prominent orthodontist back in his home state of Michigan.
MEET THE TEAM
Marilyn Connie Jen Tiersa Laura Liz Brianna Gwen Mary
FAUST ORTHODONTICS FAQs
What age should I bring my child?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an orthodontic screening at age 7. By this age, several permanent teeth in most children have erupted, allowing us to effectively evaluate your orthodontic condition.
Can adults receive orthodontic treatment?
If you want to improve the look and feel of your smile, then any age can be a great age to see the orthodontist. Orthodontic treatment is not exclusive to children and teens, with about one in every five orthodontic patients being over the age of 21. We have successfully treated adults in their 60’s and 70’s.
If you are interested in orthodontics but don’t want to have that “braces look”, we have several more cosmetic options to choose from.
What should I expect on my first visit?
Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as comfortable, convenient, and rewarding as possible. We’ll use the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options, giving you the customized, individual care that you deserve.
What is included with the complimentary consultation?
Your complimentary consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, as well as, learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Faust will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms.
- Provide a complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine if treatment is necessary.
- Help you create a customized treatment plan.
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans.
- During you complimentary consultation, we will explain everything that you will need to know about your orthodontic treatment so that you can choose what’s best for you.
What happens after the initial consultation?
At your first appointment we will take some additional records and then place spacers which are small elastics placed between your molars to create space for the orthodontic bands. You will return the next week for the braces to be put on. Once the braces are placed we will review all of the instructions on how to care for your braces. Typically, this appointment lasts 60-90 minutes and then you’re on your way toward your new smile!
What is the appointment scheduling process?
Visiting the orthodontist every 4–8 weeks is an important part of your orthodontic treatment. Regular checkups last between 15–40 minutes. Our practice will work with you to accommodate your busy schedule, however some appointments during the school/work day will be necessary.
If there is ever an emergency, Dr. Faust is available any day of the week. Dr. Faust gives every patient his cell phone number so that if there is ever an issue he can be easily reached.
We understand that “life happens,” so if you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, call 610-446-8000. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Will I still need to visit my dentist during orthodontic treatment?
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months, even during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.